Kivipuro is a private registered association founded in 1964.
We co-operate with:
- The Finnish War Veteran Organization
- Seinäjoki Local Authority
- The Finnish State Treasury
- Finnish Slot Machine Association
- Senior Citizens Services, Central Party
- other municipalities surrounding Seinäjoki
We are located in:
- Kivipuro Rehabilitation Centre, Ruukintie 65
- Kivipuro Service Centre, Tammikuja 11
- Kivipuro Occupational Centre, Ala-Kuljunkatu 9
- Kivipuro Home, Ruukintie 76
Here is some more information about our centres
Kivipuro Rehabilitation Centre (Kivipuron Kuntoutuskoti)
- We offer rehabilitation to disabled war veterans who served in Finnish wars and to those convalescing from a recent operation, especially from joint operations. We offer other services, too, e.g. occupational therapy and physiotherapy for seriously disabled people. These services are ordered by Kela, the social Insurance Institution of Finland.
- We offer a homelike environment for 40 people.
- 23 of the places are for disabled war veterans who suffer from several disabilities and memory diseases.
Kivipuro Service Centre (Kivipuron Palvelukeskus)
- Our flats can be rented. We have 49 different flats. 41 of them are bedsit rooms and 8 of them are two-roomed flats. 2 flats are for short-time living.
- We offer health care and nursing services 24 hours a day in a homelike environment.
- We offer meal-services and free-time activities for senior citizens to help them maintain their health and fitness.
Kivipuro Occupational Centre (Kivipuron Toimintakeskus)
- Our flats can be rented. We have 32 flats. 24 of them are bedsit-rooms and 7 of them are two-roomed flats. We also have one three-room flat.
- Otherwise the same as the previous centres except health care and nursing services are available only during the daytime.
- We have a residential home for slightly disabled adults.
Kivipuro Home (Kivipurokoti)
- For senior citizens who are in a fairly good psychological and physical condition.
- Homecare and nursing services can be ordered from Seinäjoki local authority.
Kivipuro offers free time activities such as gymnastic exercises, bingo, boccia, karaoke, discussions and reminiscing, occupational therapy etc. for senior citizens living on their own in or near Seinäjoki